Some bloggers have weekly entries such as "7 Quick Takes Friday" or "Wordless Wednesdays." Since I'm erratic, but last week was full, here are some postcards from my life:
-
Monkey1 refused to get out of the car in the drop-off line. The principal had to extricate her from the car.
-
Monkey2 was an elephant for Halloween. I added a gusset to the $10 size 3T costume we found at the grocery store, and a tail, and I expect it will fit her for about week. Monkey2 loved it and kept talking about the crocodile and how the elephant got his long nose. Unfortunately no one else has heard of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories.
-
Monkey1 loves being with her friends at school, but she is missing the content of Classical Conversations. She wants to know when we do the next Timeline cards.
-
As Monkey1 and I cracked open her next evening chapter book, I read the entire front cover of the book to her:
The Story of the World
History for the Classical Child, volume two
The Middle Ages
From the Fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance
She started to sing one of the Classical Conversations history sentences: "During the Renaissance Period, from 1350 to 1600, da Vinci was a famous inventor..."
-
White milk was the straw that broke the camel's back. Monkey1 threw a fit at school and screamed at the teacher. I'm not backing down on my "no chocolate milk" line and since she won't drink the white, she's getting water with lunch.
-
Marine Corps Marathon weekend. It's been five years since we left Long Island.
-
Monkey1 lost trick-or-treating privileges due to not listening and throwing fits all day. This is not the first year.
-
Monkey2 couldn't wait for the trick-or-treaters to come to the door. In her elephant costume, she waited for them on the front step and then fell off the step each time in her haste to meet the groups coming up the sidewalk.
-
Monkey1 complained of sickness and the volume level at school in an effort to stay home.
-
Monkey2 is excited to participate in one area dentist's Halloween candy buy-back program. With the money ($3 per pound) she will buy a book from this month's Scholastic book order form.
No comments:
Post a Comment