To be honest, I did pause while digging through my T-shirt drawer this morning. Martini T? Too flip. Blue shirt? Not long enough in the torso. Another color too drab. And so I was left with the green "Happy Saint Patrick's Day" spelled out in rhinestones. Would anyone bother to notice? A T-shirt is just a shirt, and the letters were small. I wear the black Christmasy reindeer in sparkles fairly often and no one seems to notice, so Irish green it was.
A Grandma, the sitter for one of Monkey1's classmates, said something about my shirt.
"It's a $7 shirt," I shrugged, "I want to get my money's worth out of it."
Then later, Monkey1's swimming coach said something about my shirt being two months late.
"I'm a St. Patrick's baby," I retorted, "I can wear it whenever I want!"
Her face lit up, "I am too! The day after!"
Now really, another March! Obviously there's something about June for starting babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment