We signed up for the library's summer reading program. As the children's librarian gave Monkey1 the form for recording books, the librarian said, "And if you read, or have read to you, ten books by the end of the summer, you will get a little prize."
I nearly choked. Ten books - we read that in a week! I managed to nod solemnly without uttering a word.
Later, reading the "more about" sheet for the summer reading program, I noticed that the program ends on August 3. Since when is that the end of the summer? No wonder the goal is so modest.
By the end of the day, Monkey2 had two books on her list, and Monkey1 was part-way through a Dr. Seuss and a DK Star Wars book. I wonder if books on tape from the library count; we're on our third time listening to "The Indian in the Cupboard."
No comments:
Post a Comment