We did not eat the bananas, so I had six brown, sagging crescents in the fruit bowl... two batches of banana bread, one set muffins (good for days I am slow to get out of bed and the Monkeys are hungry, or for school snack, or for an after school snack), and one loaf. That was Tuesday. It's almost gone.
***
Monkey2 had her last day of preschool. Next year she will be in kindergarten. Her teacher was delighted to see me and the baby at pick-up, and again she repeated that she can't promise to be the Bunny class teacher by the time Monkey3 is old enough. She has been a wonderful teacher for my girls, for Monkey1 who was so apprehensive all summer about attending preschool, and for Monkey2 who walked in, started talking and seldom stopped.
Monkey2 climbed in the car and observed she would have lunch with me today, "Just like we used to."
Break my heart! Preschool is half-day, but once the baby came, I had Monkey2 attend the extended day, packing her a lunch box, and picking her up with Monkey1 when the elementary school dismissed. While Monkey2 has enjoyed it, I guess lunch with Mom still ranks better.
***
One morning Monkey1 announced, "Fairies are fake... Except the Tooth Fairy, of course."
The Tooth Fairy pulled a miraculous magical exchange recently, as Monkey1 put her tooth in an envelope, sealed it, wrote TOOTH on it in her confident first grader scrawl, and put it under her pillow. Her pillow is in the far corner of her loft bed. I can't get up there, as I have told her numerous times, which is how she knows how to strip her bed and get the fitted sheet on the mattress. Yet, the Tooth Fairy took the tooth and left a statehood quarter, in the same envelope without opening the envelope!
***
Monkey3 turned 10 weeks old. I had to count the weeks to make sure.
She laughs, and oh such a jolly loud laugh when I cleaned her up in the middle of the night after a messy leak of the diaper. I had tried cloth again -- every time I finish a box of diapers I try my stash of cloth pocket diapers again, and while they are adjustable, they only go so small, and she's a bit too small yet. Back to the disposables for another couple weeks. I just moved her up to size two and gave a friend back all the "newborn" and "to 3 months" size clothing. I didn't have any of that from Monkey1&2; they started too big. Fortunately all my friends have smaller sized babies and lent me stuff.
***
Monkey1 attended a Tae Kwan Do birthday party and loved it! It was basically a sample class, and most of the exercises were in game form, as is appropriate for the age.
How I miss Aikido!
***
Monkey2 is dragging her sleeping bag around the house. Monkey1 attended her first sleepover last night. The mother kept me updated with pictures as the girls had settled down last night. Just waiting for her return, to hear about it from her. Of course, she won't tell me, but I'll overhear the sister talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment