A cute family of girls and umbrellas were out this afternoon... Oh, that was my family.
It was lightly raining. Dad was gone for the afternoon, and will be again tomorrow morning, so I knew that a rainy day inside our house, which is still all pulled apart awaiting the last of the bug treatments on Tuesday, would be just Trouble. So out we went, umbrellas in hand, and walked to the library. At their short-legged pace, and without heat to make us dawdle, it is about a forty-minute walk.
Monkey1 didn't actually use her umbrella that much.
Monkey1 didn't actually use her umbrella that much.
Monkey2 kept hers up the entire time and somehow got wet to her knees walking through the cut grass.
The library was busy. I guess I've never been on a Saturday before. Monkey2 quickly stacked up a pile of books, while Monkey1 spent her time studying some graphic novels of a steampunk Rapunzel. She was also brave enough this time to ask the children's librarian where the first Harry Potter movie was. (We know the book by heart, having listened to the audiobook beyond countless times.) The librarian pulled it out of a stack of just-returned, ready-to-shelve items. I guess tomorrow's no-Dad morning is taken care of!
The library was busy. I guess I've never been on a Saturday before. Monkey2 quickly stacked up a pile of books, while Monkey1 spent her time studying some graphic novels of a steampunk Rapunzel. She was also brave enough this time to ask the children's librarian where the first Harry Potter movie was. (We know the book by heart, having listened to the audiobook beyond countless times.) The librarian pulled it out of a stack of just-returned, ready-to-shelve items. I guess tomorrow's no-Dad morning is taken care of!
See? Happy Monkey1 after a walk to the library and back in a light rain. Fortunately light because my umbrella has a hole. Monkey2's energy must have been flagging because she held my hand most of the way home, though she kept up a steady cheerful stream of chatter. As usual, Monkey3 just hung out for the ride.





No comments:
Post a Comment