Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homework

Now I understand why spelling assignments such as "write a story with the spelling words" drove my mom crazy.

Here is Monkey1 (grade 2)'s homework:
[Spelling words underlined.]

The rainy day
I was looking out the window.  It is too muddy. Mom says. Is it time to see Dad? I ask. No. She said. Ten minutes later... I'm bored. I say. Sorry. Mom said.

(At this point I intervened because after twenty minutes only one spelling word had been used.)

Spot came he wants to play. I sort to play. The phone rings. I get it. It's Dad! I say. He wants to be peckd up. That's good. says Mom. In the excitement the phone broke! Oh no! I say. Don't worry! Mom says. We get Dad first. She said. Dad has two of the same phones. Dad makes a new rule!
The End.


No comments: