I'm copying my second grader's spelling homework again. (The Blogger app ate two of my posts in draft, so I'm ticked off, which knots up my writing.) The teacher has amended the "write a story" exercise to three consecutive nights of "write a five sentence paragraph with five spelling words." I've put the spelling words in all caps but otherwise preserved the spelling and punctuation.
Once upon a time, a ten-year-old girl was walking home from school one DAY, when she met a litte old man. The girl BELIEVED that he could make her hair as gold as the sun. Then he said: "You must do one thing for me, to find a quilt that is as red as a BARN." The girl started home, when she got her mom had a DARK red-red-red quilt and the girl said, "May I have that?" and her mom said, "Yes" "please do!" and the girl said "Thanks Mom!" Affter that the girl ran to the place where the litt old man is, but it was HARD to her, because she loved it but, the girl remeded what he said, so she give it to the litt old man. The End
As punctuated, there are five sentences. Incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment