Thursday, November 19, 2009

Matching Thrones

The real news today was Monkey2's new car seat. It arrived just as we were finishing supper, announced by the loud knocking of the UPS driver, who then wrestled the enormous box over our threshold.

"Is it pink? Is it pink?" the Monkeys clamored as I opened it. Yes it was. Pink, glorious pink, exactly the same as Monkey1's car seat. Well, not exactly the same since the brand-new one is not sun-faded and is brightly clean.

"I never thought it would happen," I told my husband, "TWO pink car seats." I'm not a pink person. I'll wear it. I'll use it. It's not my favorite color. I also don't particularly believe in color-coding everything girly with the color pink. (So my first-born was often referred to as he in the early months since people seem to expect certain colors on certain gender babies.)

My husband admitted that he did expect it; we have two girls.



No comments: