Yesterday I was in the grocery store, getting needed items, amid the crowds stocking up in fear of the snow storm coming this weekend. Some shelves I just know, and as I scanned along, I suddenly noticed different shapes and colors. This happened in the vitamin area, where next to the protein powder (used for making power bars, and great for adding to pancakes or waffles) I noticed a large jug with a familiar logo. I stared at it...
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away called Long Island... I had a landlord who wore that logo on the T-shirts that stretched tightly across his overly muscled chest. His arms were so muscled that it was truly comical to see him on his cell phone, because he couldn't really bend enough to get it up to his ear, so he shouted a lot. One of his gigs was as an athlete for a supplement company. His stunt was lifting weights, with the big race car tires on the ends of the barbells. Sometimes the bar would bend.
My little Monkey in the grocery cart called me back to the present. She wanted to try the sample cookies set out next to the apples and bananas.
No comments:
Post a Comment