Monday: Monkey2 had preschool in the morning. Monkey2 had a classroom visit in the afternoon.
Tuesday: Monkey1 went to kindergarten all day. Monkey2 had me all to herself all day.
Wednesday: Monkey1 went to kindergarten all day. Monkey2 had preschool in the morning. Mommy was able to rejoin a Catholic women's bible study.
Thursday: Monkey2 had preschool in the morning. Monkey1 went to kindergarten, with a school-wide noon dismissal. I used my solitary three hours to lay out and cut the fabric for Monkey1's Halloween costume; she wants to be Snow White. We met most of our friends -- homeschooled and Catholic schooled -- at a playground for lunch.
Friday: No school. Monkey1 had a fever. Monkey2 bounced around.
Saturday: Monkey1 was borderline fever/no fever. Did not attend swimming lessons and canceled plans for a pumpkin farm excursion with a friend. Went to the library to return books, and impressed the librarian at check-out that I exactly filled our canvas bag with books. Just before getting in the car, Monkey1 pulled out her loose tooth.
I'm tired.
We went from homeschooling to traditional schooling in less than a week, and it was a marathon to get all the physical items in place (uniform and classroom supplies), plus make up a schedule to guide me through the number of snacks and lunches to pack each evening for the next day. I like having some breather time, but I miss Monkey1. When I was homeschooling, I had a job, and now I don't have one. That's the only way I can explain it; I feel unemployed. I've been through that before, and it wasn't pleasant.
No comments:
Post a Comment