Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Close-Out

March Madness at our house:

Third anniversary of moving into our house, marked by taking pictures of every room and the yard, ideally with the Monkeys scampering in and out of the shots, tracking the changes to our abode in the past year.

Monkey2 turned 4.

Husband turned something.

I turned something, and really I don't know what. Whenever anyone asks my age, I literally have to do the math. If it's a friend, who then sees me counting on my fingers, the question is dismissed. If it is a doctor's office asking, I actually have to figure it out.

Irish Homecoming Feast: our annual St. Patrick's Day party, and family lump birthday party. Cooked four crock pots of corned beef this year, and we had barely enough leftovers for one sandwich. The Guinness corned beef (3 cans of beer instead of water) was the hands-down favorite.

***

Apparently my banana bread is prize-worthy. My husband's goddaughter needed a banana bread recipe for a contest at work, so I wrote up my Tuesday banana bread directions (which I know by heart), and it took second place.

***

Woke up to a light snow a week after my birthday. "MY BIRTHDAY STORM!" I said gleefully. The Monkeys took up the chant, countered by my husband grumbling that I'm not allowed to have a birthday storm now that I don't live in Vermont. Fortunately snow is magical to my Monkeys, so they prefer to believe that Mom can get a snow storm for a birthday present.

No comments: