The Monkeys are old enough to participate in our parish Nativity reenactment.
At the informational meeting, the children "drew straws" for parts. The Religious Education director has been doing this awhile, so the straws are actually lollipops, which helps sweeten the blow of not getting a speaking part, of which there are about a dozen. Monkey1 drew an Angel part, the one who tells Joseph not to be afraid and to take Mary as his wife. Monkey2 will be in the choir of angels around the stable, along with several of her friends.
The first practice was yesterday, and while Monkey1 was shy walking in, holding my hand and almost walking behind me, once she had her assigned spot, she was interested, attentive, and bold in repeating her two or three sentences into the microphone. Monkey2 stuck with all the other little angels, giggling at the wanderings in and out of a two-year-old she knows well, friends' younger sibling who will be at home in bed the night of the Christmas program.
After three run-throughs, the box of costumes came out. All the angels received plastic headbands with antennas holding up silver garland halos. My Monkeys loved them!
As we left the church, the garden club was convening. One elderly lady who daily marvels over my efforts with Monkey2's long blonde tresses, as I wait for the preschool to open, suddenly discovered I had TWO blonde girls. In halos, no less. "Oh you have two angels!" she said.
I just couldn't let that pass. "No, two girls," I replied cheerfully.
Growing Monkeys. As I write this, Monkey2 is jumping off chairs onto a blue blanket, shouting that she is swimming, while Monkey1 is drawing a picture for a book report for school. And Monkey3 is visibly kicking through my belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment