I must say though that going lower sugar, skipping desserts and focusing on mixed ingrediant snacks, such as a half a sandwich or bowl of chicken soup, over the last few weeks has been nice. I won't skip the dessert table on Christmas Eve, but I'll definitely be choosy about the offerings. And, I'll go for seconds on the main dishes before contemplating a second round of desserts.
So I will return the gestational diabetes book, unfinished, to the library. Unfinished. This is still a novelty to me. I was in school for so many years that finishing every book was deeply ingrained; whether I liked a book or not, I had to finish it because most likely it was an assignment. I loved reading, but every once in a great, great while I'd come across a book that really bothered me. I'd finish it, sometimes meet one-on-one with the teacher to discuss my grievances, but I ALWAYS finished what I began. However, this library book does not apply to me. So I can spend my time doing something else rather than finishing it... like write about not finishing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment