First, the Easter lamb cake, in the pan that my grandmother had used. As I was frosting it, in my mother-in-law's kitchen, I thought that the lamb cake shape could easily be used to make a Scotch Highlander cake. But when would I ever need to make a furry, reddish cow cake?
Then, Monkey2's month-delayed birthday lunch. She still wanted a Pokey Little Puppy cake. Whipped up another lamb cake, adding coco powder to the recipe because she wanted a chocolate cake, and reshaped the ears and nose into a puppy.
Next, Monkey1's birthday lunch, Harry Potter themed. I pulled out my castle bundt pan for Hogwarts. I think Monkey1 will be adding various Lego Harry Potter characters around it.
And finally, sitting in my fridge for the past few weeks soaking in wine is Monkey3's baptism cake, a fruitcake recipe that in-law family have come to expect as my contribution to the Christmas Eve pot-luck. Also, since fruitcake was our wedding cake, and since we just passed our ten-year anniversary, it is a nod to that too.
That's it! No more cake making -- for months! Time to get back to plain old banana bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment