Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Future Lawyer

I have two rules about Monkey3 that I keep reminding Monkeys1&2 about: No touching her face. No touching her hands.
These have to do with germ spreading. While I remind the older Minkeys often to wash their hands, and they will when instructed, Monkey3 has a few vulnerable points. One of Monkey3's tear ducts tends to get gooey and crusty, often sealing one eye shut. I frequently use a warm washcloth to clean and reopen her eye, while the Monkeys simply use their fingers or fingernails. Also, she has started cramming her hands in her mouth. I know that germ exposure will strengthen her immune system, but I'm sure she will eventually find enough playground dirt on her own without having it rubbed into her eye or clutched off the fingers of her older siblings.

Monkey2 tried to get a handle on the parameters recently.
"Mommy, is a cheek part of the face?"
"Yes the cheek is part of the face."
"Mommy, is the neck part of the face?"
"Well, the neck is attached to the head, and the face is on the head, so yes the neck is part of the face."
"So no touching the head... Mommy, is the wrist part of the hand?"
"Yes, the wrist is part of the hand."
"Is the arm part of the hand?"
"No, the arm is not part of the hand."

I know my anatomy is questionable, but do realize that what starts as a kiss ends up as, "Mommy, she put her hands in my mouth."

No comments: