Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby No More?

August 2008: I ask Monkey1 if she needs a "freshie," she says No, Wait, screws up her face, and then whips off her warmly wet diaper. That's when I knew it was time for the underwear.

January 2010: In the locker room before swimming lessons, Monkey2 holds onto her diaper's waist, saying, No, Wait, and then relaxes and wants her swim diaper.

Oh. This again.

But then I forget until later in the day, when she sees some of Monkey1's pink ones laying around, and she protests, No PURPLE! So together we investigate the mysterious locked closet (the door sticks), and I pile out the cushy training underpants. We have an enormous stack of them: pink, flowered, hearted, white, and two pair that say "Princess" and feature crowns, carriages, and high-heeled dancing slippers. These are the ones Monkey2 wants. She walks with a funny wiggle as she gets the feeling of this new item of clothing.

And we're off.

No comments: