Friday, October 7, 2011

The Missing Months

While I was MIA, on this blog I've missed writing about
my tenth anniversary of leaving Vermont,
Vacation Bible School, with both Monkeys participating and me leading the preschooler craft activity,
being so sick that I'd take a rest on the sofa and wake up to find the Monkeys had given each other and me a pedicure, or painted the front doorstep purple, or made a snack of pretzels, yogurt, and jam and then abandoned it in favor of marshmallows and chocolate chips,
a family beach vacation, with 30 members of my husband's family,
an earthquake,
my addiction to the 39 Clues series,
Monkey1's obsession with Harry Potter,
Monkey2's cicadas, grasshoppers, and crickets,
the ins and outs of getting a city building permit,
Monkey1 starting first grade,
Monkey2 starting a second year of preschool and having a teacher her sister had two years ago,
major car trouble the second week of school,
the ten year anniversary of September 11th,
grappling with the concept of buying Halloween costumes because I'm still not well to sit at my sewing machine,
...
It all lands me here. 17 weeks pregnant, tired, pretty much over the puking several times a day, craving Popeye's chicken, biscuits, and coleslaw OR iHop's crepes stuffed with omelets. Knowing our lives will change all over again when we welcome a Monkey3, probably the week of Saint Patrick's Day, when we already have three out of four birthdays, mere weeks before my husband and I mark 10 years of marriage.

No comments: