Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More about Wheels

Over the weekend we took in another round of car shopping. I'm enjoying our targeted  and focused installments of this endeavor. While one sales floor was plainly disconcerted by our timeline (buy by March), the information gathering and discussions as we go along about what we need (room for at least three car seats and enough leg room for everyone), what we want (a back-up camera), and what we hope (to chose a vehicle that will last us another 10 years) have been so constructive.

Of course, talking in code to my husband while in front of the salesman has been entertaining too.
"How did you like the drive?" the dealer asked as I settled a vehicle back into park.
"It drives like a [name of brand]!" I said cheerfully.
My husband laughed, clearly understanding my message to him: "It's got that squishy steering that you hate."
"My first car was one!" I retorted.
The dealer however was clearly satisfied that I liked the vehicle.

...

"That's it? We're down to two?" my husband asked at the end of the weekend. 
"Unless you have any more to add to the look-at list," I shrugged.

Next time out, we need to get the Monkeys and their monster carseats into the two vehicles, see how the interior spaces actually work for us, and give both another test drive.

No comments: