Friday, October 28, 2011

Twenty weeks

Yesterday we got our first look at Monkey3 with the twenty-week ultrasound. 

"If I can see," the technician asked, "do you want to know the sex?" 
"I don't," I answered, "my husband does."
She looked from one to the other of us uncertainly.
"We've done it before, it works just fine," I reassured her.

The ghostly black and white images filled the small monitor screen, difficult for me to understand at first, but as I grew used to it, I was able to pick out features of the face, the little hands and feet with all the glowing fingers and toes, the pumping heart... 

At one point the technician turned the monitor away, "Come on, open your legs," she cajoled the baby. 
I'm not sure she got a good look. She did say "Aha!" once, but that might have been for something else. Our baby was basically chilling out and taking a nap, not moving much. I got up and bounced up wand down the hallway a bit to try to get the baby to shift position because we were getting no clear views of the spine, but this was unsuccessful. I need to come back another day, if my OB thinks it is important enough.

Twenty weeks. We're half-way through.

No comments: