"Am I?" I responded. It sounded so soon that way!
She looked at me with some surprise.
I shrugged. "I don't keep track. The baby isn't watching the calendar either."
And really I don't keep track. Somewhere along the line with switching care providers, the numbers started to jump around in a nonlinear fashion. With the last change, now no longer under the threatening breath of a practice saying, "You need to go into labor by this day," I simply don't care. I mean, I do care, I really hope we end up in that St. Patrick's Day week, but two weeks earlier or later than the estimated due date is within the realm of normal. (Popular belief is that subsequent babies go earlier, but this is not always the case. I have heard one nurse say that baby #3 is turning the turning point, either the uterus gets super efficient or gets "lazy.")
The midwife agreed with my calendar remark. But I suspect she has her own opinion about this birth, when and how fast/slow it will go. I'm not asking her though; I can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment