Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to School Night

I got to go to Back-to-School Night! Yes, this is a big deal to me because while this is the third year I am a grade school parent, and this is the first year I was able to attend. Monkey1's kindergarten year, she was not in the school until six weeks into the school year, so I missed it. Her first grade year I was pregnant and puking, so I missed it. So this year, I just took Monkey3 with me and Dad put the other two to bed. 

Monkey3 is a party girl. She made eyes at all the dads, to the great amusement of all the moms. She hopped and bopped even though she was wrapped in a front carry. In the kindergarten classroom she reached for the artwork dangling from the ceiling and added her two cents when the teacher was nearly done her presentation. In the second grade classroom I sat down in the rocking chair in the book corner, but instead of calming her down, this gave her a whole new set of things to look at. The teacher's aide kept looking and not looking at Monkey3, finally saying, "That's it! She's too cute! I'm going to tell my husband tonight...!"

I left notes for both Monkey1&2 on their desks, which will be satisfying proof to them that I did my part and sat at their little desks last night. 


No comments: