Monkey3 is six months old.
Last night I finished her infant hat. Not that she needed one. Despite the "to keep them warm" myth, infants do not really need a hat indoors; hospitals started the hat thing to cover up the funny shaped heads that resulted from forceps deliveries. Or, as Monkeys1&2 learned from their hospital-sponsored sibling preparation class, to color code the babies in the nursery according to who has had their first bath.
However, I had a really cute, really simple, hat pattern, and I think my original idea was to make three different sizes and line up all my Monkeys in their hats for a picture. I only cut out the infant-size pieces -- in green because we were dealing with the week of St. Patrick's Day -- and did not get it sewn up before she was born. Last night, in a little pre-Halloween fit of must-clear-off-my-sewing-machine-before-the-costume-projects-start, I finished off the hat, and even added a cute flower.
Of course it does not fit. It perches on top of Monkey3's head in a ridiculous fashion. Because despite the pediatrician's fussing, Monkey3 is growing. While she seems to have stabilized on the 15th percentile growth curve for weight, she's lengthening like flames leaping up a building, and her head must be growing normally since no one has bothered mentioning that.
(Soft focus because she just won't still for pictures!)
No comments:
Post a Comment