Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day after the Storm II

3 P.M.

Some neighborhood kids were busy on the sled track that Monkey1 and I had been working on earlier, so we bundled up and went out.

No more snow had come down, but it had drifted. Our trail through the backyard to the slope under the powerlines had disappeared in spots. However, the sled track had been packed down nicely with an inner tube. I sat on our sled, a green plastic toboggan type, the two Monkeys piled on my legs, and down we went. Then I put just the two of them on it, and zip down they went! I ran down after them, cheering them on. They went pretty fast, and stopped at the bottom still facing forward and still all in the sled. They preferred it with me. Monkey2 decided to make "sandcastles," and Monkey1 made it up to the top of the hill with me for a couple more slides.

The neighborhood kids were trying to widen the sled track down, so I helped bust the packed edges with my big feet, plus I got Monkey1 to the top of the hill for another slide down. All our weight was good for packing the track too. Several of us made snow angels at the bottom of the hill.

Back at the house, after peeling off all the wet clothing and administering hot chocolate, I checked my messages... School canceled tomorrow! More playing in the snow!

No comments: