Thursday, December 31, 2009

Home for New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve Dinner:
picante chicken (chicken in mild salsa cooked in the crockpot)
and spaghetti squash.

The Monkeys refused to eat this, instead eating cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cashews, and raw carrots.

Dessert:
gingerbread cake cupcakes
with M&Ms
and blue frosting.

I'm letting them get off their sugar high by splashing in the bathtub, in their new bathing suits.

Real dessert, if husband comes home while I'm still up: my homemade fruitcake.

Still recovering from Christmas, but at least this year we get New Year's at home and no midnight nonsense. New Year's Eve was passably interesting when I was single, but since kids, I fail to see the excitement of seeing the first minute of the new calendar year. Someone will probably get me up at 1 a.m. crying for a drink of water; that's close enough.

No comments: