Late in the afternoon, of course the Monkeys started getting at each other. When they were given a double time out by dad while I was downstairs on a quick something, I knew they HAD to get outside. It was pouring. So I ordered use of boots, rain jackets, and umbrellas, and off we went around the block.
Monkey2 doesn't really have a raincoat, just a windbreaker, so I had also assigned her the smaller umbrella, which is a coveted purple color. Monkey1 didn't want to use dad's golf umbrella because it is heavy. I had to push her out the door complaining. However, Monkey2 quickly lost interest in any semblance of staying dry, handing over the umbrella in favor of playing with the drips coming off the umbrellas. Playing -- trying to catch the drips in her hand, catch the drips in her mouth, and feel them on her head. Monkey1 couldn't find anything pleasing about our excursion, but she was at least satisfied that she had gotten the purple umbrella despite Mom's instructions.
When thunder boomed, we headed back, Monkey1 very quickly, and Monkey2 with great disappointment. For someone who doesn't like to get her face wet, she really likes water.
No comments:
Post a Comment