New normal.
I got both kids out the door and strapped into their carseats and arrived at school in a timely manner. Monkey1 was wearing her first day of school dress again (third time). She gave scant attention to the "first things" of removing her sweater, stowing backpack in the cubby, turning in her homework, and turning in her snack. She just wanted to play. Didn't even say 'bye. I put Monkey2 in charge of depositing the name & date labeled snack in the class basket, and off we went to the office to pay the tuition.
"And now we go to Mermaid Class?" she asked.
This was something she came up with herself, since big sister continually tells her she is not big enough to go to her class. "Yes," I said, but I have to figure out what that will mean. Today our life was just something we'd done before -- mommy & kid stroller exercise class -- but without big sister. I even pulled a 10-minute in-and-out-of-the-grocery-store stunt for sandwich bread for lunch. I wasn't sure it was possible, but with just one kid, it was.
We picked big sister up from school, and as soon as she was in the car she found something to scream about. Ear-splitting, instant-headache, screaming. Tired, hungry, over stimulated, and she said she didn't want to go back to school. At that instant I agreed, but I put off discussion until after a meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment