Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Shoes

Monkey2 has two different sized feet: 8 1/2 and 7 1/2. We only got one pair of shoes, the bigger size.

"Pink," just like big sister, she insisted on our way to the store.
I said we'd look, and maybe blue, or purple?
"Purple!" she decided, until we got to the store, and then it was pink again.

After her feet were measured, I picked a few different shoes to try. For each, I asked her to run around the store a little.
"I run fast!" she shouted.
I think she meant faster; her last pair of sneakers had a zipper and velcro closure that tended not to stay closed. Those had seen other kids' feet before hers. I also asked her try to take the new shoes off and on. She yanked on the velcro and then patted it back in place.

The selected pair ended up being pink sneaker mary janes with lights, flashes of pink whenever her feet impacted. When Monkey2 tried to watch the lights, she'd stop running or walking, and then the lights would go out. She found the best way to see the lights was by kicking the back of my headrest in the car.

No comments: