I peeled her out of her wet clothes, wiped her down with a soapy wash cloth, rolled the wet bedding into a plastic laundry basket, and blindly scrubbed at wet spots in the carpet where she'd stood next to the bed. How did Monkey2 manage to sleep through all this? I put back to bed between my husband and I, so I wouldn't have to remake her bed that minute.
I called the pediatrician's office as soon as the doctors had their morning answering phones time. (Yes, I can speak to an actual doctor at around 8:30 a.m.!) Monkey1's been having an awful lot of accidents, big ones, in the last two or three weeks. I didn't know whether to think it was mental -- stress about school -- or physical -- like an infection. After speaking with me for a few minutes, the doctor reassured me that at this age (4 years old), she sees a lot of kids with this problem, and mostly it is caused by them being so engrossed in their activities that they don't recognize or repeatedly ignore their body's signals that they need to sit on the potty. "Have her sit on the potty every two hours, regularly, and have her sit there awhile, give her a chance to really empty out," the doctor advised me. "Do this for a week. It'll help act as a reset button, and call again if there are still problems."
Okay. Set the kitchen timer....
When I got off the phone, Monkey1 was disappointed to learn that we weren't going to the doctor's office. The waiting room has a nice play house that she enjoys.
No comments:
Post a Comment