However, her comments reminded me of a drowsing awake-asleep blur of a story from last night...
On vacation in England, to escape same calamity, the Monkeys and I duck into a blue police call box. The Tardis, of course. The inside being bigger than the outside doesn't faze me, and I give the Doctor a little grief when he introduces himself. "Doctor of what?" I ask.
"Oh this and that, you know," he says with his usual evasive shrug.
"An honorary doctorate?" I retort.
However, we can't exit the box for the moment, and keeping the Monkeys from pressing buttons inside the Tardis is any mother's nightmare. "Don't you have a library in here?" I shout at the Doctor, "with picture books?"
The Monkeys want Totoro, and the Doctor opens the door of the Tardis to the animated world of "My Neighbor Totoro." My Monkeys have a lovely adventure complete with soot sprites and the catbus before we are returned peacefully to our home in the United States. Monkey2 asleep on my shoulder and Monkey1 unsteadily leaning against me as we stand on the sidewalk in front of our house, I thank the Doctor and tell him he has the makings of a good uncle or godfather, Herr Drosselmeyer style.
No comments:
Post a Comment