After observing Monkey2 for awhile, I noticed that she had a tendency to scoot up her mattress towards the wall, run into it with her head, and then swing her torso and feet 90 degrees and align herself against the wall. However there wasn't enough room for her body to move this way. Shortly before bedtime both mattresses were moved, putting Monkey2 into a corner. Bounded by the wall on two sides and Monkey1's mattress on another, she probably felt trapped. So I yanked Monkey1's mattress over, and she still slept, and I moved Monkey2's mattress away from the wall, finding her stuffed dog in the process. I gave it to her. "Thank you Mama," she said, snuggling it into a choke hold, and then she started snoring again.
I can't remember Monkey1 doing this sort of thing, but when she was this age, I was busy with an infant Monkey2 at night, so Dad did any night duty with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment