Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sleepless Wanderer

For the third time in a week, Monkey2 has been up 12midnight (more or less) until 4 a.m.... Last Monday into Tuesday, last Thursday into Friday, and now Saturday into Sunday. She runs back and forth between her bed and our bed, spending some time thrashing about in both places. Last night I removed myself to the futon in the basement so I could get some sleep.

I wonder if by giving up the afternoon nap, now she's confused herself. She'll go to sleep just fine, but then is up once she's rested a few hours, just as our former schedule used to flow: naptime, some playtime, and then bedtime.

Or is she hot, cold, thirsty, hungry, too tired, not tired enough, has a wet diaper, bothered by the full moon, suffering from jet lag from a week's vacation in the same time zone, .... Oh, the mysterious life of a two-year-old.

No comments: